Things To Do In Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville is a city in northeast Florida on the Atlantic coast. It is the most populated city proper in the state and, as of 2020, the biggest city by area in the contiguous United States. It is the county seat of Duval County, with which the city government merged in 1968. Consolidation gave Jacksonville its enormous size and concentrated the majority of its metropolitan population inside its borders. Jacksonville has a population of 949,611 people as of 2020, making it the 12th most populated city in the United States, the most populous city in the Southeast, and the most populous city in the South outside of Texas. The Jacksonville metropolitan area is Florida's fourth-largest metropolitan region, with a population of 1,733,937 people.
Outdoor Festivities that are offered:
- Miles of pristine forests, marshes, beaches, and rivers await your exploration. Jacksonville is proud to have the country's biggest urban park system, with over 80,000 designated acres, including the 46,000-acre Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve.
- Hike or bike along miles of designated nature paths to discover Northeast Florida's unique ecology, where you may encounter one of hundreds of native bird species. Spend an evening camping beneath the stars in one of our beautiful parks to get away from it all.
- With over 80,000 acres, Jacksonville has the biggest metropolitan park system in the country, comprising 400 local parks, seven state parks, three national parks, and dozens of gardens and arboretums.
- With mild weather all year and hundreds of surrounding beaches, Jacksonville offers an abundance of leisure opportunities.
- Northern Florida's Atlantic coast is a popular area for surfing, swimming, fishing, and boating.
- Lively Jacksonville Beach is the city's most popular surfing, swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and boating beach.
- Jax was ranked 35th in the US for Best Parks. 2012, ParkScore.
- Come explore our green spaces by hiking, kayaking, biking, camping, fishing, or even horseback riding on the beach or doing yoga while paddleboarding on the Intracoastal!
- Fort George Island
- Cultural State Park for a taste of history and tidal water boating.
- Springfield Disc Golf Course
- With a choice of low ceiling, anhyzer, and hyzer shots, it's ideal for beginners. Will not put the finest of pros to the test, but is ideal for a casual game with friends.
- Jarboe Park
- This beachside park (Neptune Beach) has lots of green space, which includes a playground for the kids and features a weekly farmers market.
Shopping: Get some shopping out of the way by visiting the St Johns Town Center which is home to both major department stores and local retailers. Take some time to sit down to catch a movie at the acclaimed IMAX and 4DX theater, with the family, by visiting Regal Avenues.
Breweries: Grab a cold one while relaxing at the Jacksonville Riverwalk as it is home to some excellent Breweries including Lemonstreet Brewing Co., Aardwolf Brewing Company, and Hyperion Brewing Company.
Food: The City is also a foodie's paradise including beachside eating and amazing views. From cafés and bakeries to sports pubs, there is something for everyone. Whenever you have that craving for some great unmatched cuisines, you can visit some of these local landmarks:
- Zebo’s Crab Shack (1909 W Beaver St, Jacksonville, FL 32209) Home of Jacksonville’s famous Garlic Crab and several other seafood options. This local staple will have your mouth watering for seconds.
- 13 GYPSIES: RISOTTO (887 Stockton St Jacksonville, Florida 32204) This neighborhood eatery provides typical Spanish tapas, with everything from the sausage to the cheese to the bread baked from scratch. You can't go wrong with anything on the 13 Gypsies menu, but their risotto, which varies everyday but is always delicious, is a regular.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse (9220 Baymeadows Rd Jacksonville, Florida 32256) The Jacksonville smokehouse is the fourth and first to open outside of Central Florida. Pitmaster John Rivers grew up in Jacksonville, so this restaurant is a homecoming for him. 4 Rivers is excited to be a part of the community, providing refined, de-regionalized BBQ to Jacksonville. Stop by to fulfill your appetite for BBQ, desserts, and southern hospitality!